General Information and Program Details
- Duration: 3 hrs
- Departure time: 20.00 hrs
- Tour guide: Yes
- Children are allowed: Yes
- Languages spoken: Spanish
- This tour operates with minimum of 2 passengers, Viajes Kronos will reconfirm 48 hours before departure. If the supplier decides to cancel, due to force majeure or adverse weather conditions, Viajes Kronos will offer an alternative tour or fully refund the cost of your trip.
- Rates are expressed in American dollars (USD) and may be changed without notice.
- The services and programs can be changed or cancelled in their execution, sequence and content; in order to offer a better service, or due to extreme conditions or force majeure reasons.
- The client must be aware that modifications to the original reservation may result in changes to the final quote.
- Viajes Kronos will try to avoid cancellation fees, the client must accept the expenses incurred and the charges set by the provider, which can add up to 100% of the original.
- No show policy: 24 hours before the start of the tour: 100%.
"ASTRONOMY AT THE MAMALLUCA OBSERVATORY" TOUR
The Mamalluca Tourist Observatory is located 9 km from La Vicuña. Since 1994 it has become the first amateur observatory for tourism in the country. Today it has a planetarium, visiting rooms, manual and automatic telescopes.
The Elqui Valley has excellent conditions for observing the stars and installing telescopes: the climate means that there are only a few days with clouds, and there is no light pollution, which allows you to contemplate the cleanest skies on the planet and enjoy this astronomical experience.
- Departure from your hotel in La Serena, to Vicuña.
- Arrival at Cerro Mamalluca Observatory.
- Receive an astronomical talk with videos for your better understanding.
- At the end we go to the observation of stars, planets and nebulae with instruments like the 12' Telescope with 40 cm primary mirror. Meade Ix-200, super Prölss eyepieces and others.
- At the end we return to the Hotel in La Serena.
Details of the Tour
- This tour is only offered in Spanish in group mode, for the rest of the languages the modality is private.
- Distance to be covered: 140 km / 86.80 miles.
What do we include?
- Guide service in Spanish.
- Entrances to the Mamalluca Observatory.
What we don't include?
- Professional guide service in English, Portuguese, German, Italian and French. If you require a guide in these specialized languages you will have to pay an extra charge and request it from our agency.
TIPS: - We recommend: wearing warm clothes and comfortable shoes
BOOK "ASTRONOMY AT THE MAMALLUCA OBSERVATORY" TOUR
Collective tourCollective tour with specialized guide service in Spanish and the services described in the program. The best price.1 Adult(Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday departures)Not departure in selected date
Private tourPrivate Tour with specialized guide service in several languages and the services described in the program. The best price.1 Adult(Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday departures)Not departure in selected date