General Information and Program Details
- Duration: 4 hrs
- Departure time: 08.00 hrs - 14.00 hrs (Winter Cuban Time) / 08.00 hrs - 15.00 hrs (Summer Cuban Time)
- Tour guide: Yes
- Children are allowed: Yes
- Languages spoken: Spanish, English and French
• This tour operates with no minimum number of passengers. Viajes Kronos will reconfirm you 48 hours before your tour departure. If the supplier decides to cancel, Viajes Kronos will offer you an alternative tour or fully refund the cost of your tour.
• Level of complexity: Medium.
• Duration: minimum 4 hours - maximum 5 hours
• Your reservation will always be a CONFIRMED RESERVATION so you only have to get to the right place to start your excursion to the time, date and the number of people declared on the voucher of the BOOKING option. No need to make additional confirmation to your reservation as always wait for you in a timely manner. Once the reservation you will receive in your email the voucher with the information you have chosen. If you can print the voucher to present to your tour guide.
• We recommend starting the tour at eight in the morning (08:00 hrs) but you decide the departure time of your excursion, we want to help their plans at any time of day.
• In the summer season we are open from 08:00 hrs to 19:00 hrs / In the winter season we are open from 08:00 hrs to 18:00 hrs..
• We provide a personalized service that will guide just for you or your family.
• No need to present identification (passport or tourist card) for the tour, thus avoiding losses or damage thereto.
Cancellation Policy • In case of cancellation up to 72 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged. • Regarding cancellations made between 72 and 24 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied. • Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied. • Booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
“Tradition and Nature” Tour
Excursion designed for ecotourism lovers.
Departure by car or taxi from Viñales to Sitio del Infierno: distance 8 kms.
We start the walk until we get into the mountain. During the journey you will be able to observe the different crops of the area: yucca, malanga, tomato, pepper, coffee, banana, as well as the young pigs of the mountain; in the mountain you will be able to appreciate the beauty of the flora and fauna endemic of the place.
We will visit the aquatic people (people who believe in the use of water to cure their illnesses) with a protagonist taking a short break in this small paradise.
We continue through small paths on rocks until the Hoyo de los Negros where you will be able to observe the endemic vegetation of the place among them: cactus, philodendrons, jagüeyes and bromeliads.
We continue by car or taxi until we reach a tobacco plantation, in this place we will visit the crops, the tobacco dryer and the house, we will drink a creole coffee and we will observe the making of an authentic tobacco, that we will be able to share with the producer.
The price includes:
- Specialized guide
- Coffee and tobacco tasting.
Distance to walk: 9kms.
Approximate duration of the excursion (total): 4 hours
Degree of difficulty: Medium (II).
Option: At the end of the tour, you can have lunch at the agro-ecological farm, a unique place for its beauty and quality of traditional food, where all the fruits, tubers and vegetables are grown naturally. Price of lunch: 10 CUC per person.
Very important notes
This excursion is not made in the rainy season as it is quite difficult and somewhat dangerous.
If the client chooses the excursion without transport included, he will have to pay an extra supplement of local transport to be able to access the sites to be visited which are distant from each other. From 1 to 3 pax: 10.00 cuc (per car), from 4 to 6 pax: 20.00 cuc (per car), from 7 to 9 pax: 30.00 cuc (per car).
TIPS: • Recommended: light clothing, sunglasses, water and light meals with sweet and protein, hats or caps, hard tennis or hiking boots or sandals to cross, other protective layers for seasons rain, solar protection and photographic camera.
BOOK “TRADITION AND NATURE” TOUR
Private tour (without transportation)Private tour (without transportation) with Multilingual Specialized Guide + the entrance to every place + coffee and cigar tasting. The best price.1 Adult(Daily departures)$22.00 - $22.00Discounts applied: