General Information and Program Details
- Duration: 3 hrs approximately
- Departure time: 15:00 hrs (Cuban winter time) / 16:00 hrs (Cuban summer time)
- Tour guide: Yes
- Children are allowed: Yes
- Languages spoken: Spanish and English
• This tour operates with no minimum number of passengers. Viajes Kronos will reconfirm you 48 hours before your tour departure. If the supplier decides to cancel, Viajes Kronos will offer you an alternative tour or fully refund the cost of your tour.
• Level of complexity: Medium.
• Duration: minimum 3 hours - maximum 4 hours considering the stops.
• Your reservation will always be a CONFIRMED RESERVATION so you only have to get to the right place Don Tomas Restaurant to start your excursion to the time, date and the number of people declared on the voucher of the BOOKING option. No need to make additional confirmation to your reservation as always wait for you in a timely manner. Once the reservation you will receive in your email the voucher with the information you have chosen. If you can print the voucher to present to your tour guide.
• We recommend starting the tour in the afternoon (15.00 - 16.00 hrs) but you decide the departure time of your excursion, we want to help their plans at any time of day.
• In the summer season we are open from 06:30 hrs to 20:00 hrs / In the winter season we are open from 05:30 hrs to 18:00 hrs.
• We are legal workers, so you have guarantees that if you do not find tours with people who act outside the law.
• With us you have the guarantee reserve for any season, whether in high season of tourism or at the time of fewer tourists in Cuba.
• Our service is collective, it is a guide service for a group of clients.
• You may decide the time of the trip, even if you booked for a certain time will be able to walk for less or more time than agreed. 3 hours is the recommended minimum time for walking.
• No need to present identification (passport or tourist card) for the tour, thus avoiding losses or damage thereto.
Cancellation Policy • In case of cancellation up to 72 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged. • Regarding cancellations made between 72 and 24 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied. • Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied. • Booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
“Hiking Tour Through the Valle del Silencio”
The Viñales Valley, is the ideal place to contemplate and admire the beauty of the Cuban landscape. It is placed in a small rural locality of the province of Pinar del Río, it stands out for possessing the plantations of the best tobacco of the world and the biggest cavernary system of Cuba. National monument from 1979, the first cultural landscape recognized by the UNESCO in the whole American region, declared Cultural Patrimony of the Humanity in the year 1999 and National Park in 2001.
Discover the Valley of Silence in the most daring and original way. Enjoy the beautiful landscape that surrounds us and tour its plantations during an unforgettable walk at the end of the afternoon so you can admire a beautiful sunset. You will also be able to exchange with the local people and get to know their traditions and customs.
Our proposal includes a visit to the house of a local farmer, in this place you can learn how coffee is processed in a rudimentary and traditional way and taste it, you can also take a refreshing drink like the exquisite Coco Loco or a natural juice. We continue the tour to the Capon Lake where if you wish you can take a brief and refreshing bath in its fresh waters. We continue to the house of a tobacco grower who will explain everything related to this crop, you can see how to make a handmade Cuban cigar which you can taste if you want a tasty mojito in the style of the guajiros and admire the extraordinary beauty of the sunset, like few in the world, an indescribable mixture that will not forget.
- The excursion can be done at any time of the day and depends on your choice, we recommend that it be in the afternoon to see the sunset, during the rainy season (in the months of June to August), it is recommended in the morning to avoid the rain that occurs mainly in the afternoon. The alternatives to make this excursion, depends completely on whether you prefer to walk or ride.
- To get to and from the Valley you need a short taxi ride to get to the starting point and back.
The price includes:
- Visit to the sites described in the program.
- Specialized guide service.
Approximate duration of the excursion (total): 3 hours approximately considering the stops.
Starting time of the excursion: Between 15:00 and 16:00 depending on the season of the year and sunset.
Degree of difficulty: Medium.
Distance to be covered on foot: 5 kms approximately.
TIPS: • Recommended: light clothing, trousers, swimwear, sunglasses, water and light meals with sweet and protein, hats or caps, hard tennis or hiking boots and sandals to cross the river, other protective layers for seasons rain, solar protection and photographic camera.
BOOK “HIKING TOUR THROUGH THE VALLE DEL SILENCIO”
Collective tour (3 hours)Collective tour by walk, taxi transfer to the place & Specialized tour guide in Viñales. The best price.1 Adult(Daily departures)$15.00 - $15.00Discounts applied: