General Information and Program Details
- Duration: 12 hrs
- Departure time: 05.30 hrs
- Tour guide: Yes
- Children are allowed: Yes
- Languages spoken: Spanish, English, French and German
• Minimum pax for the tour: 2 Pax.
• This tour operates with a minimum of passengers. Viajes Kronos will reconfirm 48 hours before the departure of your tour. If the provider decides to cancel, for not meeting the minimum required amount of passengers, Viajes Kronos will offer an alternative tour or fully refund cost of your trip.
• The collected may be delayed up to 15 minutes depending on the number of hotels and punctuality of customers. Customer should be informed on sales desk to avoid disagreements.
• The Jeep must be shared with other tourist (4 pax / jeep).
• Those who wish to drive must bring the driving licence.
• The jeeps have Standard Transmission.
Jeep Safari “Nature Tour to the La Plata Command Headquarters”
General Command of La Plata. Command of the Rebel Army in La Plata. Declared a National Monument. After several months of operations and without a guerrilla base, Fidel Castro together with his men, established his headquarters, made up of facilities of great importance for the guerrillas, such as a hospital and the house where Radio Rebelde was located. From La Plata, the rebel fighters confronted the tyranny's offensive, left to carry out missions in the plains, and Fidel also transmitted several messages to the people of Cuba through the guerrilla radio station founded by Che.
- Pick up in Jeep at the hotels according to the established schedule and departure to the nature areas of Santiago de Cuba.
- Panoramic trip crossing the cities of Contramaestre, Bayamo and multiple towns until arriving at the Bartolomé Masó Municipality. We begin steep ascents and descents through the Sierra Maestra, where you will enjoy the steepest slope in Cuba with 45⁰ of inclination.
- Arrival at the Flora and Fauna information center in Villa Santo Domingo.
- Departure to Alto del Naranjo,
- Arrival at Alto del Naranjo, where you will receive information about the route and the different places of interest in the area. Beginning of the trekking towards the Comandancia de la Plata, discovering the flora and fauna of our country and visiting the house of the Medina family, who supported the guerrilla with their silence and provisions.
- Arrival at the commandery, tour of the facilities.
- Return to Alto del Naranjo and departure to Villa Santo Domingo for lunch.
- Free time on the banks of the Yara River.
- Return by jeep.
TIPS: • Recommended: light clothing, confortables shoes, swimwear, sunglasses, cap, solar protection and photographic camera.
BOOK JEEP SAFARI “NATURE TOUR TO THE LA PLATA COMMAND HEADQUARTERS”
Collective tour (from city hotels)Tour in collective Jeep 4 x 4 with specialized guide service in several languages. The best price.1 Adult(Daily departures)$151.00 - $249.00Discounts applied:
Collective tour (from Baconao beach hotels)Tour in collective Jeep 4 x 4 with specialized guide service in several languages. The best price.1 Adult(Daily departures)$173.00 - $292.00Discounts applied:
Collective tour (from Sierra Mar beach hotels)Tour in collective Jeep 4 x 4 with specialized guide service in several languages. The best price.1 Adult(Daily departures)$181.00 - $310.00Discounts applied:
Collective tour from Santo DomingoCollective tour on Jeep 4x4 from Santo Domingo with specialized guide service.1 Adult(Daily departures)Not departure in selected date
Private tour (from Santo Domingo hotel)Private tour with exclusive specialized guide service in your language.1 Adult(Daily departures)Not departure in selected date