General Information and Program Details
- Duration: 3 days / 2 nights
- Departure time: 05.00 hrs
- Tour guide: Yes
- Children are allowed: Yes
- Languages spoken: Spanish, English, French and German
• Minimum pax for the tour: 2 Pax.
• This tour operates with a minimum of passengers. Viajes Kronos will reconfirm 48 hours before the departure of your tour. If the provider decides to cancel, for not meeting the minimum required amount of passengers, Viajes Kronos will offer an alternative tour or fully refund cost of your trip.
• The collected may be delayed up to 15 minutes depending on the number of hotels and punctuality of customers. Customer should be informed on sales desk to avoid disagreements.
• Level of complexity: High.
• The Jeep must be shared with other tourist (4 pax / jeep).
• Those who wish to drive must bring the driving licence.
• The jeeps have Standard Transmission.
"Turquino Peak Trekking Tour (3 Days and 2 Nights)"
In the mountainous massif of the Sierra Maestra is the Pico Real del Turquino, the highest peak in Cuba with 1974 meters above sea level. This elevation is part of the natural and historical heritage of the country. It is the ideal place to observe endemic species, both plants and animals, surrounded by lush vegetation and very pleasant temperatures that will make your climb a full and unforgettable enjoyment.
- Pick up in Jeep at the hotels.
- Departure from the city of Santiago de Cuba to the province of Granma, crossing the towns of Contramaestre, Santa Rita and Bartolomé Maso until arriving at the Information Center in Santo Domingo,
- Brief explanation about the route,
- Departure to Alto del Naranjo,
- Beginning of the trekking to the Comandancia La Plata, rebel camp, today converted into a museum,
- Return to Alto del Naranjo and continue to La Platica where you will have a picnic lunch, visit the rural community and then camp,
- Around 06.00 hrs: Breakfast and departure to Pico del Joaquin at 1360 meters above sea level,
- Short time for a rest to replenish the strength lost in the challenge of the ascent.
- Time to take beautiful pictures of the Sierra Maestra and Pico Turquino,
- Rest at the Aguada del Joaquín camp.
- Ascent to Turquino Peak, time for photos.
- Descent to the village of Las Cuevas in the south of the Sierra Maestra facing the Caribbean Sea,
- Free time to take a refreshing swim in the waters of the Palma Mocha River.
- Creole lunch.
TIPS: • Recommended: light clothing, confortables shoes, swimwear, sunglasses, cap, solar protection and photographic camera.
BOOK "TURQUINO PEAK TREKKING TOUR (3 DAYS AND 2 NIGHTS)"
Collective tour (from city hotels)Tour in collective Jeep 4 x 4 with specialized guide service in several languages. The best price.1 Adult(Daily departures)$337.00 - $439.00Discounts applied:
Collective tour (from Baconao beach hotels)Tour in collective Jeep 4 x 4 with specialized guide service in several languages. The best price.1 Adult(Daily departures)$359.00 - $482.00Discounts applied:
Collective tour (from Sierra Mar)Tour in collective Jeep 4 x 4 with specialized guide service in several languages. The best price.1 Adult(Daily departures)$352.00 - $482.00Discounts applied:
Collective tour (from Santo Domingo hotel)Tour in collective Jeep 4 x 4 with specialized guide service in several languages. The best price.1 Adult(Daily departures)Not departure in selected date
Private tour (from Santo Domingo hotel)Private tour with exclusive specialized guide service in your language.1 Adult(Daily departures)Not departure in selected date