day 1 HAVANA.
Preparation and indications for the beginning of the tour, one day before we start our trip
- Accommodation in a cozy private house which has always been previously checked.
- Pick up at 9:00 am and presentation of the tour guide, this will be recognizable by the logo "Cubyke" that is present on your bike, shirt or cap.
- Brief introduction about the correct use of the bikes and their individual adjustment, according to your own physical characteristics.
- Explanation about the state of the streets and information about the functioning of the Cuban road traffic.
During the trip, you will not spend more than two nights in the same accommodation, so please bring adequate luggage. We will take care of transporting your luggage, so please pack only what is necessary for your daily trips as these cannot be taken on the e-bikes.
day 2 HAVANA - LAS TERRAZAS
Departure to the terraces
- Departure from La Habana towards Las Terrazas Tourist Complex, a rural experience of sustainable development located within the Sierra del Rosario Biosphere Reserve, belonging to the Municipality of Artemisa.
- We will travel along the entire northern coast of Artemisa.
- In transit we will pass through the airport of Baracoa, Mariel town, with its special development zone, where we will see from afar the largest container port in the Caribbean.
- Lunch time. As a precaution, during this time, we will recharge our batteries, because the energy consumption can be quite high, however we always have spare batteries available.
- After lunch we will continue to Cabañas and from there, on rural roads we will continue to San Juan, until we reach Las Terrazas. The route becomes more demanding and always mountainous.
- It is estimated that we will arrive to our lodging in the afternoon-night, located in the middle of a natural park, surrounded by rivers, waterfalls, lakes, small mountains and a fascinating flora and fauna.
- Dinner and free time for your enjoyment.
- We will show you how to load your e-bike, so you can have it ready for the next day.
day 3 LAS TERRAZAS - SOROA - SAN DIEGO DE LOS BAÑOS
Tour Soroa - San Diego de los Baños
- Departure to Soroa at 9:00 am. Natural place of great beauty and variety, considered a Biosphere Reserve in the west of Cuba. Visitors from all over the world come to this wonderful place to admire and enjoy the beautiful work that nature created in this abrupt place, surrounded by mountains and rivers.
- We will cross the natural park of Las Terrazas and travel at a certain altitude, perhaps even having to push our bikes a little, despite the electric impulse they have.
- Contemplate beautiful views of these places. There are 70 different species of birds in the park, more than 850 species of plants and 11% of the plants and 50% of the animals are found only in this region.
- In the afternoon we will take the highway and continue our journey towards San Diego de los Baños, which belongs to the municipality of Los Palacios, famous for the medicinal qualities of the springs that spring there. It has been a popular vacation destination for residents from all over the island since ancient times.
- Arrival to our lodging that is located in this place near the Cueva de los Portales, a Natural Historical Site of great monumental value, which summarizes natural, cultural and historical aspects. It presents physiogeographical formations of great value and it was here where the headquarters of the Western Army was located under the command of Commander Ernesto Che Guevara, during the October Crisis in 1962.
- Dinner and free night for your enjoyment.
day 4 SAN DIEGO DE LOS BAÑOS - PINAR DEL RIO
Tour El Tabaco
- Following the route of the tobacco we will go to Pinar del Río and Viñales.
- The route will be full of impressive roads, with great elevations and beautiful tobacco plantations.
- We will visit a tobacco factory and learn why, the most famous tobacco in the world comes from this region. We will see the elaboration process and how from simple leaves they become "Cohibas", "Montecristos" or other famous cigars.
- We will have lunch near a tobacco plantation.
- We will visit places of interest in the capital of the province, before heading to our next lodging.
- Accommodation and dinner.
- Free night for your enjoyment.
day 5 PINAR DEL RIO
Tour Pinar - Cayo Levisa
- We will leave early to Cayo Levisa, one of the islands that make up the archipelago of Las Coloradas, in western Cuba.
- We will cross the Viñales Valley and take some time to enjoy one of the most amazing landscapes in Cuba. The Viñales Valley is one of the most well-known and attractive areas in Cuba. It presents an exceptional scenery, which, among others, is characterized by the fusion of its spectacular natural beauty, environmental conservation, the harmonic action of man in the cultivation of minor fruits, fodder and essentially the cultivation of tobacco, whose traditional methods of cultivation and production achieve the universal recognition of the cigar as one of the best quality in the world.
- We continue our journey along the northern coast, approaching Cayo Levisa.
- Lodging and dinner in the town.
- Free night for your enjoyment.
- The next morning we go to the pier to take a boat to this small island.
day 6 PINAR DEL RIO - CAYO LEVISA
Tour Cayo Levisa
- Departure around 9:30 am, to the pier with our e-bikes.
- We will take the boat that will take us to Cayo Levisa, where we will spend two days relaxing, lying in the sun, enjoying the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea or snorkeling or diving in the coral reef.
- Free night to enjoy the hotel activities.
day 7 CAYO LEVISA
Tour Cayo Levisa
- Free time on the island for your enjoyment.
- Feel free to do whatever you like.
- remember to recharge your bike's battery at night.
day 8 CAYO LEVISA - ARTEMISA
Return to Artemisa
- Collection of our belongings in the morning.
- Around 1:00 pm we will take the ferry back to the island where we will get back on our bikes and head towards Cabañas Bay.
- We will ride along the northern coast of the provinces of Pinar del Río and Artemisa, where you will be able to see the Very Authentic Cuba".
- The warmth and hospitality of the Cuban people will not keep us waiting and during the trip there will be no lack of people to greet and welcome us.
- Arrival to the accommodation.
- Dinner at night.
- Free time to share our photos and experiences of the past week.
day 9 ARTEMISA - HAVANA
Returning to Havana
- At 9:00 am we will board our bikes and leave for Havana.
- We will drive through the interior of the country, where we will see rural areas, abundant vegetation, several animals on the road, some forgotten villages and old sugar mills, which are still preserved as relics from the boom period of sugar production.
- We arrive to the outskirts of Havana and the time to leave our bikes is near.
- Your days of traveling through western Cuba have come to an end.
- If you wish, we can provide you with an optional transport to the international airport or organize an individual transport to your next place of accommodation (price not included).
- We will be happy to help you in any way possible, as long as it is in our hands.