: Active tours
Spanish and English
- Cycling Cuban tour guide (English or Spanish).
- Bicycles Hire.
- Bed and breakfast in a double or single room: 3 nights in private houses, 1 night in a hotel.
- 4 breakfasts and 4 lunches.
- 4 bike rides of variable length.
- 3 liters of drinking water per person per day of cycling (bring your own rechargeable bottle, and preferably an additional bottle with a built-in water filter).
- Transport in air-conditioned bus with professional driver, used as group transport and as support vehicle during the rides. (100% VEHICLE SUPPORT during rides)
- Cycling mechanic for groups of 8 or more.(day 2 only)
- Arrival transfers from the airport in private vehicle with air conditioning if necessary.
- 24-hour emergency contact in Cuba.
- All the activities mentioned in the itinerary of the tour.
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED
- International flights
- Airport transfers from the departure airport
- Travel Extensions in Havana
- Entry card (visa).
- Medical and travel insurance. According to Cuban legislation, the passenger must arrive in the country with his travel insurance.
- Tips in restaurants, houses, hotels, etc.
- Services not mentioned in the description.
Cuba is a country of indefinable magic, it has beautiful landscapes and places full of natural beauties. For it we have prepared this adventure for the lovers of the nature, it transits for natural parks and places of singular beauty, undoubtedly this tour will make him live an extraordinary experience. Discover eco-friendly Cuba in a different way: with an impressive bicycle. Your guide will take you through the regions of Cuba. No doubt this trip will add excitement and enthusiasm to your adventure vacation in Cuba.
Overview of your trip
- Difficulty level: Moderate.
- Minimum: 4 people- Maximum: 18 people.
- Group style: Small(mixed nationalities and cycling ability. Minimum age 16 years (accompanied by an adult).
- For private group visits the minimum is 5 pax. (If you are travelling in a group of more than 8 people, you can ask our agency for an independent quote).
- The bikes are always in perfect technical condition.
- The organization that accompanies the trip will be available for any information.
- All participants must travel with their own personal insurance.
What to bring:
- CYCLING HELMET: compulsory.
- WATER BOTTLE: Standard water bottle holder on each bike.
- SUN PROTECTION: High strength sunscreen, sunglasses for cycling, sun hat.
- CYCLING CLOTHES: We can fit your pedals or seat to our bikes should you wish to bring them.
DATES OF DEPARTURE FOR THE COLLECTIVE TOUR
- 15/11/2020 to 19/11/2020
- 26/12/2020 to 30/12/2020
- 17/01/2021 to 21/01/2021
- 14/02/2021 to 18/02/2021
- 14/11/2021 to 18/11/2021
- Mostly on paved, quiet rural roads, with some potholes. Hot and humid conditions, especially during summer months.
- It is not allowed to transport people who are not part of the group on the bikes or on the accompanying buses.
- Program subject to availability. Museums and restaurants (according to the program) may be modified, depending on opening and closing times and availability.
- Your specific passport and visa requirements and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and should be confirmed with the relevant embassies and/or consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you are unable to travel because you have not met any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
- This is a collective tour and operates with a minimum number of passengers according to variants. Viajes Kronos will reconfirm 48 hours before your tour departure. If the supplier decides to cancel, because of not meeting the minimum established, reasons of force majeure or adverse weather conditions, Viajes Kronos will offer you an alternative tour or fully refund the cost of your trip.
- If, after the Tour has been confirmed, you wish to change your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will make every effort to make these changes, but it may not always be possible. Any requests for changes must be in writing from the person who made the reservation. You will be asked to pay an administrative fee of 65 USD, and any other costs we incur in making these changes. You should be aware that these costs could increase as the departure date of the changes approaches and so we suggest that you contact us as soon as possible.
- Recommended clothing and accessories: Closed shoes or tennis shoes, comfortable and suitable for walking outdoors, sunglasses, sunscreen, depending on the time of day, swimming suit and towel. They should have a raincoat for any eventuality.
- You should bring light cotton and linen clothing suitable for tropical climates. For the evenings bring lightweight clothes, some mosquito repellent and a jacket or fleece. Cubans dress casually but are always impeccably turned out. Avoid bringing expensive or flashy jewellery.
- We may need a small backpack outside for personal belongings.
- In Cuba we have a very extended medical assistance, with clinics in the most remote areas of the country. However, if you suffer from a chronic disease or allergy, etc., it will not be useless to bring your personal first aid kit or medicines, especially when you are far from the big cities.
- 90 - 60 days before the start of the tour: Full refund minus $52 bank charges.
- 59 - 30 days before the start of the tour: Full refund minus $52 bank charges.
- 29 - 15 days before the start of the tour: 20% of the cost of the vacation.
- 14 - 07 days before the tour starts: 50% of the cost of the vacation
- 06 - 01 days before the start of the tour: 90% of the cost of the vacation.
- No show and cancellation 24 hours before: 100%*.
day 1 HAVANA.
Air conditioned bus , Modern car or microbus
Arriving in Havana
- Upon your arrival you will be met at the Havana airport by a representative of the Cubania agency who will be waiting for you in the arrivals area.
- Travel by private cab or microbus to the city (approx. 30 minutes).
- Check in at a "casa particular", the Cuban version of BnB's private properties.
- If you book for a group ride, you will meet other cyclists who will arrive this afternoon and evening. At the appointed time, our guide from Cubania will stop by your accommodation to introduce himself and answer any questions you may have.
- Enjoy your first night in Havana with peace of mind.
day 2 HAVANA- TERRAZAS
Bicycle , Modern car or microbus
Cycling in Havana City - Transfer to Las Terrazas
- Visit to the Cuban bicycle workshop in the Miramar district of Havana, where the bicycles will be assigned and the relevant adjustments will be made.
-Our guide will give a safety briefing presenting the bikes we use and giving an overview of safe cycling techniques when in a group.
- Departure from Miramar to tour Havana on two wheels
- We will ride through Playa, Almendares River, Revolution Square, Vedado, Centro Habana, Old Havana, Havana Bay.
- We will be accompanied on the tour by members of the veteran cycling club "Masters" of Cuba, so you will have the opportunity to go side by side with Cuban cycling enthusiasts with stories to tell.
- We arrive at the famous Paseo del Prado avenue, which marks the boundary of the Old City.
- We will visit a community cycling project that is helping to raise the profile of cycling in Havana.
- We continue to the Bay of Havana to walk to a private "paladar" restaurant where we will have lunch together.
- Departure in our tourist vehicle out of Havana and west to Artemisa province towards the Community of Las Terrazas.
- Accommodation in a hotel or rental house located in the community.
- Free night for your enjoyment.
Cycling distance: approx. 24 km (urban cycling, moderate traffic and hazards)
Average elevation of the bike ride: +163m / -169m
day 3 LAS TERRAZAS - SAN DIEGO DE LOS BAÑOS
Bicycle , Modern car or microbus
**LAS TERRAZAS - SAN DIEGO DE LOS BAÑOS **
- Tour of the community of Las Terrazas, a rural tourist community of sustainable development, located on the banks of the San Juan River.
- In the company of a local resident, you will learn about what makes this place special and visit some of the community's social facilities.
- Leaving on our bikes we will ride the first 13 kilometers of the tour on a beautiful winding road that goes up 200 m. Then it's a quick descent to the village of Soroa and down into the valley.
- We continue on our bikes from the town of Candelaria to San Diego de Los Baños.
- On the way we will pass through a series of small bustling villages where we can soak up the sights and sounds of rural Cuban life.
- Packed lunch on the way
- At the end of the trip we will ride for about an hour to the mountain village and activity center of Viñales.
- The short trip ends with spectacular views as we enter the Viñales Valley with its spectacular karsk limestone rock formations.
- In Viñales we will stay in private houses.
Biking distance: approx. 75 km (up and then down steeply to Soroa, cycling in the valley towards San Diego de los Baños involves passing through bustling villages where we will find some traffic)
** Biking elevation:** +665m / -770m
day 4 VIÑALES-CAYO JUTÍA
Destinations to visit:
- Departure on our bikes to the west from Viñales, heading to the north coast of the province of Pinar del Río (Today's route includes some short climbs and some very bad road sections, with some impressive views from the winding road).
- The last section of the route to Cayo Jutías is flat and has beaches characterized by fine sand, they are frequented by hundreds of vacationers every year. Several species of endemic birds are part of the fauna of the place. Among the biggest attractions of the place is its lighthouse, one of the oldest in the country with a history of more than 100 years at the service of navigation.
- Free time to enjoy the beach
- On the way back to town, we will pass by a nearby tobacco farm known as "vega" and learn about the process of growing Cuba's most famous export, Cuban tobacco. After a detailed explanation you will be able to experience, if you wish, the rolling of a cigar.
- return to the accommodation.
- In the evening we will have a salsa class with local dance teachers showing us some steps.
Distance by bike: approx. 56 km (wavy terrain, bad road surface on some stretches, many potholes in the flat sea road for the last 8 km).
Elevation of the bike: +530m / -669m
day 5 VIÑALES - SAN ANDRÉS - HAVANA
Bicycle , Modern car or microbus
VIÑALES - SAN ANDRÉS - HAVANA
- Departure by bicycle to the north of Viñales, to San Andrés by the Resbaloso River, passing through a beautiful landscape that winds through the mountains and passing through the agricultural pastures (The first half of the ride is on paved roads and the second part is on more rugged terrain).
- Stop for an optional swim in the river
- Stop on the way for a coffee at Painter's house.
- Lunch at Casa de Maria in San Andres, made with food from his property.
- Visit the small organic farm with family members
- Tour, weather permitting, of Cueva de Los Portales, where Che Guevara camped during the "missile crisis" with a local guide
- Transfer to Havana.
- End of the tour at the Montehabana Hotel in Miramar.
- If you wish you can book with us extra nights of accommodation in Havana, cabs or any other service you need.
- We will gladly help you in any way possible, as long as it is in our hands.
Distance of cycling: approx. 40 km. Route link (rough surface for the second half of the route, with very little traffic on the scenic route).
Bicycle lift: +488m / -483m