day 1 HAVANA.
ARRIVAL IN HAVANA
- Havana, capital of the Republic of Cuba, its largest city, the main port, its economic and cultural center and its main tourist pole.
- Upon your arrival you will be met at the Havana airport by a representative of the Cubania agency who will be waiting for you in the arrivals area.
- Travel by private cab or microbus to the city (approx. 30 minutes) to the place of accommodation.
- Relax and enjoy your first night in Havana.
day 2 HAVANA.
HAVANA ON A BICYCLE
- Breakfast in the morning.
- We will go to the starting point of our cycle in the city and get acquainted with our bikes.
- We will visit the affluent 1950's Miramar neighborhood, former home of Cuba's upper class prior to 1959, see sumptuous mansions and houses with swimming pools, large courtyards and other amenities, many of which are now embassies. One of the amazing buildings in the area is the imposing Russian embassy.
- We continue cycling towards the Metropolitan Park of Havana and Nuevo Vedado.
- We will make a stop at the Plaza de la Revolución, scene of numerous events that have marked milestones in Cuban history.
- We will cross the Vedado to the famous Hotel Nacional, the emblem of Cuban hospitality. It is located on a hill a few meters from the sea in the most central area of Havana, a place where hundreds of notable personalities have stayed in the different manifestations of the arts, politics, commerce and the world of business, science and universal culture, not to mention the Italian-American mafia.
- We continue through Centro Habana to the famous Capitol building, we will go through the majestic Prado promenade, one of the favorites, which marks the boundary with Old Havana.
- We finish our bike tour at the Plaza de las Armas.
- From here we continue on foot to discover the four beautiful colonial squares of Old Havana and stop for lunch at a typical restaurant in the old town.
- After lunch, we return to our hotel along Havana's Malecón, a boardwalk that follows the entire coast of the city.
- Free night for you to enjoy.
Distance by bike: approx. 34 km = 21.1 miles Bicycle lift: +210m / -209m
day 3 HAVANA - LAS TERRAZAS
CYCLE TO THE TERRACES
- Early breakfast.
- Departure to Las Terrazas. Once we are outside the city limits, we will mount our bikes and pedal for about 40 km through beautiful tropical landscapes to "Las Terrazas" a Biosphere Reserve hidden in the Sierra del Rosario. In Las Terrazas the forests are always green, the rivers and waterfalls are crystal clear. To enter the community is to have the certainty that there really are impressive places.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Tour of the place.
- We invite you to climb the famous Canopy where thousands of people from Cuba and the world have seen from the heights, the beautiful landscape of the community. An exciting way to see the beauty of the lush landscape and take a refreshing bath in the natural pools of the San Juan River.
- Free afternoon for your enjoyment.
Distance by bike: approx. 40 km (24.3 miles) Cycling Elevation: + 445m / -280m
day 4 SOROA - SAN DIEGO DE LOS BAÑOS- PINAR DEL RÍO
TO SAN DIEGO DE LOS BAÑOS
- Departure to Soroa, a natural place of great beauty and variety, considered a Biosphere Reserve. It is a privileged place because of the great variety and characteristics of its flora and fauna.
- From Soroa we ride our bikes along the old road from Havana to Piñar del Rio through farmland and small bustling villages where we can soak up the sights and sounds of rural Cuban life until we reach San Diego de los Baños, a place that was famous for the healing properties of its waters.
- Tour by San Diego de los Baños, its beautiful squares and colonial buildings
- Lunch in the city.
- At the end we will be taken to Piñar del Río, place where the delicious and aromatic drink Guayabita del Pinar is elaborated and the best tobacco of the country is cultivated.
- Free night for your enjoyment.
Travel distance: **77 km or Route from Soroa ( 56.5km ) **Elevation: +1334m / -1445m
day 5 VIÑALES
- Departure to Viñales, an ideal place to contemplate and admire the beauty of the Cuban landscape.
- We leave from Pinar del Río through the small town of San Luis to San Juan where we will visit the tobacco plantations of Alejandro Robaina, known as "the Godfather of Cuban tobacco". Here, high quality tobacco has been grown since 1845, but the launch of the famous Vega Robaina as a cigar brand did not take place until 1997.
- After visiting Vega Robaina we ride our bikes along rural roads to La Guabina, a cattle ranch on the shores of the lake with its own small hotel and restaurant.
- Typical Cuban lunch at the La Gaubina ranch.
- At the end we return to Pinar del Rio by bike or bus before moving on to Viñales.
- Accommodation and dinner in local private houses.
- Free night to enjoy in Viñales, the town has several places with live music where you will spend a pleasant and fun time.
Travel distance: 48 km (29.8 miles) Elevation: +307 / -298
day 6 CAYO JUTIAS
- Departure on our bikes to Cayo Jutías, a place of beautiful beaches characterized by its fine sand, are frequented by hundreds of vacationers every year. Several species of endemic birds are part of the fauna of the place. Among the biggest attractions of the place is its lighthouse, one of the oldest in the country with a history of more than 100 years at the service of navigation.
- Free time to enjoy the beach and if you wish you can discover the underwater life of the place in a snorkeling or diving excursion (not included and subject to availability).
- Lunch on the beach.
- In the afternoon return to Viñales.
- Free night for your enjoyment.
Distance of the trip:56 km (34.7 miles) Elevation: +530 / -669
day 7 VIÑALES -SANTA CLARA
TO SANTA CLARA
- Early breakfast.
- Departure from the city of Viñales to Santa Clara, a long journey of approximately 6 hours.
- On the way we will make some stops to stretch our legs and to have lunch, which we will have packed.
- On the way we will watch videos with Cuban themes and we will have a question session with the participation of everyone!
- Arrival in the city of Santa Clara where we will check into our hotel for the night.
- Free night for your enjoyment.
day 8 SANTA CLARA - TOPES DE COLLANTES- TRINIDAD
SANTA CLARA - TRINIDAD
- Visit to the Mausoleum of Che, located in the impressive Plaza of the Revolution of Santa Clara, a place of encounter with one of the most prominent and charismatic personalities of contemporary world history. In this place, his remains were brought to Cuba from Bolivia in 1997.
- From Santa Clara we head to the beautiful Topes de Collantes, one of the natural wonders of all times, exquisitely preserved, for the fans of ecological tourism and for all those in love with the many beauties of Cuba.
- You will be able to take a refreshing bath in the natural pools of the place while we take a walk (approx. 2 hours) along the path of "La Codina".
- Traditional lunch at the "Hacienda Codina".
- Departure to Trinidad, a World Heritage Site and the jewel in the crown of Cuba's heritage.
- Accommodation and dinner in private homes.
- Free time to enjoy the vibrant nightlife of Trinidad.
day 9 TRINIDAD - PLAYA ANCON
TRINIDAD - PLAYA ANCON
- Departure to Playa Ancon. Its white sand and crystalline Caribbean waters make it one of the best in the southern Cuban coast.
- Free time to enjoy the beach.
- Return at noon to Trinidad by a different route.
- In the afternoon you will be able to take a tour of the coudad: cobblestone streets full of tradition and history will make you feel and live the experience of being in a City stopped by time full of heritage, historical and cultural values that reveal times, customs and traditions.
- You can ask your guide for advice and suggestions, or help to book any activity.
Distance of the walk: 25km (15.5 miles) Elevation: +130 / -130
day 10 TRINIDAD - CIENFUEGOS
- Departure from Trinidad to Cienfuegos, we will make a stop at the Botanical Garden located on the outskirts of the city, the oldest in Cuba has more than 2000 different species of plants, and a collection of over 400 types of orchids charming.
- Lunch at the Botanical Garden.
- Arrival in the city of Cienfuegos, the only city in the country with French influence, founded in 1819 city of parks, theaters, churches, a beautiful Paseo del Prado and a flourishing culture will also enjoy the beauty of the sea and nature surrounding the city.
- After a quick orientation tour of this world heritage city we will check in at our accommodation.
- Free night to get to know the life in Cienfuegos.
Travel distance: 66 km (66 km = 41 miles) Elevation: +455 / -438
day 11 CIENFUEGOS - PLAYA LARGA
CIENFUEGOS - PLAYA LARGA
- We leave Cienfuegos to the small village of Navarra where today's journey begins.
- Today we will cycle around the Zapata Peninsula, the largest wetland in Cuba and the most significant reserve of Cuban flora and fauna.
- We will rest in Playa Giron, known worldwide for the historical events of April 1961, when the CIA-backed invasion was defeated, and it is one of the most visited places in the country.
- We continue on our bikes for a short ride to our stop for lunch in Caleta Buena, a place of singular beauty where there is a natural pool with very transparent waters where you can see fish of different colors and sizes.
- After lunch we move on to Playa Larga, a beautiful beach that also hosted hostile forces in 1961.
- Accommodation in a private house
- Free night for your enjoyment.
Distance of the trip: 71 km (44.1 miles) Elevation: +167 / -205
day 12 MATANZAS
RIDE IN MATANZAS PROVINCE
- Breakfast and transfer to Jaguey Grande.
- We start our bike tour through the citrus plantations and the small town of Pedro Betancourt.
- Lunch and tour of Finca Coincidencia, an organic farm located in Matanzas where you can enjoy the varied farm products served on ceramic plates made by the farmer himself.
- Finalized the lunch we went to the City of Matanzas, well-known like "The City of the Bridges", this city is crossed by the rivers Yumurí and San Juan. The sea is a dominant feature of the landscape, accompanied by the rivers that span a total of 29 bridges, 4 of them centuries old and currently in active operation, as well as the Bacunayagua, the highest in the country.
- Matanzas is also the birthplace of two Cuban dances, Rumba and Danzón, as well as several religions of African origin, making it a vital contributor to Afro-Cuban culture.
Distance of the trip: 57 km (35. 4 miles) Elevation: +184 / -122
day 13 JIBACOA
- Breakfast and exit in our bicycles saying goodbye to the city of Matanzas.
- We will ride through the town of Ceiba Mocha to the Picadura Valley with beautiful views.
- Arrival at Jibacoa Beach, a place covered with green vegetation that contrasts with the blue of the sea and sky, heights and cliffs that offer great scenic appeal.
- Lunch on site and free time for a relaxing afternoon on the beach.
- Return to Havana.
Distance of the trip: 62 km (38. 5 miles) Elevation: +537 / -533
day 14 HAVANA.
FREE DAY IN HAVANA
- Today you have a day off for your enjoyment of the City of Havana, a city without equal, full of charm and in love with all who visit it.
- We propose a walk through Old Havana, a place where you can discover its history of several centuries.
- Walk along the Malecón Habanero, Cuba's most famous seafront avenue; with its six lanes it is topped by a wide sidewalk, crowned by a wall that serves as a seat for thousands of people who contemplate the blue sea, the passage of ships, or the beloved face of those who share a beautiful moment as they appreciate the sunset.
- Visit the Gardens of the famous Hotel Nacional or if you are exhausted, you can buy a day pass to relax at the hotel's swimming pool (optional).
- In the evening you can visit live music dance places in Havana or attend cabaret shows.
- Ask your guide for his recommendations.
- Accommodation in private houses.
day 15 HAVANA.
DAY OF DEPARTURE
- Free morning at your disposal.
- End of our program.
- Departure from the accommodation at noon.
- Afternoon transfer (30-40 minutes aprox.) to Havana airport.
- All our team wishes you a good trip and we hope you had a wonderful experience in Cuba.